X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blindfreddy's training log

Monday, 08/02/21

just doing some hit cardio today.

10 sets of 25 power cleans with 90 sec rest between sets.

deloaded last week and will deload again in 2 weeks since going on holiday for a few days, so tomorrow start 2 weeks of hard work.

Tuesday, 09/02/21
    chest shoulders triceps

db flat bench press
    27.5kg, 3 x 10

db incline bench press
    25kg, 3 x 8, 1 x 6

standing lateral raise with band
    4 x 25 each side

tricep push down blue band
    3 x 20

db kick back
    7.5kg, 2 x 8

good workout, bench felt strong, short rest between sets and only ran out of gas on the last set of inclines.

no rest at all between all sets with bands, straight from one set to the next.

finished off with some kick backs.

Comment

Originally posted by blindfreddy View Post
      Tuesday, 09/02/21
      chest shoulders triceps

db flat bench press
      27.5kg, 3 x 10

db incline bench press
      25kg, 3 x 8, 1 x 6

standing lateral raise with band
      4 x 25 each side

tricep push down blue band
      3 x 20

db kick back
      7.5kg, 2 x 8

good workout, bench felt strong, short rest between sets and only ran out of gas on the last set of inclines.

no rest at all between all sets with bands, straight from one set to the next.

finished off with some kick backs.
      Smash the cunts Freddy! Keep us updated brother

Comment

Wednesday, 10/02/21

bjj

one and a half hours on the mat, with two good rolls at the end, can't wait for the cooler weather.

Comment

Thursday, 11/02/21

legs, back

raptor leg press
          200kg, 4 x 10
          160kg, 10, drop set
          120kg, 20, drop set
          80kg, 30, drop set

lying leg curl
          30kg, 3 x 12

leg extension
          37.5kg, 2 x 25

seated calf raise
          30kg, 3 x 12
          20kg, 2 x 20

lat pull down, uni lat machine
          40kg, 4 x 10
          30kg, 20

really good leg workout, haven't got to the gym for a while so should be sore tomorrow.

Comment

Friday, 12/02/21

bjj

one and a half hours on the mat with a good 20 minutes of rolling to finish.

Comment

Friday, 12/02/21

bjj

one and a half hours on the mat with a good 20 minutes of rolling to finish.
              Whats your stat's Freddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Georgepell View Post

Whats your stat's Freddy?
                I'm 179cm, sitting at 85kg at the moment, don't know my bf but I'm getting pretty lean, would estimate around the 15% mark.

My goal is to be in the high 80's at 10% bf.

Saturday, 13/02/21
                chest shoulders triceps

flat db bench press
                32.5kg, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3

incline db bench press
                25kg, 2 x 8

post delt raise
                7.5kg, 3 x 15

db skullcrusher
                15kg, 2 x 10
                12.5kg, 2 x 12
                10kg, 2 x 15

good workout, bit disappointed I didn't get more reps on flat bench.

everything else went well.

Comment

I'm 179cm, sitting at 85kg at the moment, don't know my bf but I'm getting pretty lean, would estimate around the 15% mark.

My goal is to be in the high 80's at 10% bf.

Saturday, 13/02/21
                  chest shoulders triceps

flat db bench press
                  32.5kg, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3

incline db bench press
                  25kg, 2 x 8

post delt raise
                  7.5kg, 3 x 15

db skullcrusher
                  15kg, 2 x 10
                  12.5kg, 2 x 12
                  10kg, 2 x 15

good workout, bit disappointed I didn't get more reps on flat bench.

everything else went well.
                  Some good stat's brother keep at it those goals are closer than you realise

Comment

Originally posted by Georgepell View Post

Some good stat's brother keep at it those goals are closer than you realise
                    Thanks man, yeh I'm not trying to get huge, the bullseyefor me would be 90kg at 10%.

I am no spring chicken and have a couple of old injuries which means I have to be very careful about trying to train heavy so that makes it more challenging to gain mass.

My training now is about systemic, functional strength and making sure I don't get injured, looking to get as strong and athletic as possible at my body weight.
                    Last edited by blindfreddy; 14-02-2021, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Sunday, 14/02/21
                      back, posterior chain

dead lift
                      110kg, 3 x 8
                      85kg, 2 x 12

bb shrug
                      80kg, 3 x 15

neck flex
                      5kg, 2 x 50

45 back extension
                      2 x 30, 10kg for first 20 each set

pretty happy with how the deads went up, decided to use straps on my heaviest sets from now on, this will stop my gammy hand from limiting my progression.

Comment

Monday, 15/02/21
                        biceps

standing curl with band, standing alternating db curl, super set x 4
                        standing band curl, 4 x 25
                        standing alternating db curl, 15kg, 4 x 20

freaking mad pump.
                        proper super set, as soon as i finished the band curl went straight into the db curl, no rest at all, had about 2 min rest between each super set.

Comment

Following closely. Very unique log mate.

Got a few questions for you because im very intrigued with this log.

Whats your weekly split? It looks like you have some decent sessions then you have the latest bicep workout that looks really short and sweet. Is this to work around lifestyle restraints? Also do you train at home or a gym?

looks like you're getting stronger pretty quick too. Great work brother i appreciate you taking the time to keep us up to date

Comment

Originally posted by SmaCCa View Post
                            Following closely. Very unique log mate.

Got a few questions for you because im very intrigued with this log.

Whats your weekly split? It looks like you have some decent sessions then you have the latest bicep workout that looks really short and sweet. Is this to work around lifestyle restraints? Also do you train at home or a gym?

looks like you're getting stronger pretty quick too. Great work brother i appreciate you taking the time to keep us up to date
                            Thanks man, my split is basically training each body part twice per week, I do two chest shoulders tri workout per week, one focusing on strength the other on reps/hypertrophy/muscular endurence, then I do legs/back/posterior chain twice weekly.

I mostly train from home but get one gym session in each week where I work legs and pulldowns, things I can't do from home.

I don't focus much on isolation work for biceps, don't do a whole lot of iso work at all really,, seem to have found that focusing on compounds and hitting each body part twice weekly works well for me.

My training is based around my bjj training but also my situation, being blind I have to do what I can when I can...ha ha.

I started trt a couple of months ago which is definitely helping me gain strength.

I love keeping a training log so I'll be keeping it updated regularly.
                            Last edited by blindfreddy; 15-02-2021, 03:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Thanks man, my split is basically training each body part twice per week, I do two chest shoulders tri workout per week, one focusing on strength the other on reps/hypertrophy/muscular endurence, then I do legs/back/posterior chain twice weekly.

I mostly train from home but get one gym session in each week where I work legs and pulldowns, things I can't do from home.

I don't focus much on isolation work for biceps, don't do a whole lot of iso work at all really,, seem to have found that focusing on compounds and hitting each body part twice weekly works well for me.

My training is based around my bjj training but also my situation, being blind I have to do what I can when I can...ha ha.

I started trt a couple of months ago which is definitely helping me gain strength.

I love keeping a training log so I'll be keeping it updated regularly.
                              Thanks for the answers brother. Seems like you know what works best for you. There was a few random exercises in there, i thought they had to be for your bjj haha.

Keep up the good work mate. Great to have you on HoG

Comment

Working...
                              X