How long on trt till first blast?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long on trt till first blast?

Hey guys, so if all is working in my favour, by the end of next week, I should be on legit trt, how ever, the place I've gone to, is known for thier doses being higher than standard trt doses.

I have a couple questions, keeping in mind I have never yet run any aas, and I do eventually plan on blast and cruise.

Firstly, if they do prescribe higher (250mg a week from sources) should I lower it and find my normal first? Or stay at thier dose for a while?

Secondly how long should I wait till my first blast? I'm guessing till I hit good body fat markers? But I kinda don't wanna.... I know I know dumb newbie

My stats are 34, training for last 8 year's for strength seriously, competing in strongman including an overseas comp, did okish, not great, not bad in my time. But could never get stronger than I was.

I'm 6 1, 150kg about 33% bf. I've dropped 10, gained 12, a few times over the years, and through reserch and talking to those better educated than me, have found out, I'm basically fighting a losing battle due to hormone imbalances. So with them corrected I should be able to work on my body fat with a bit more control.

I've got a very physical job. Combine that with hard training and restricted calories, i end up knackered badly.

Also, I'm best man at a wedding in October. Id love to be rocking the best rig of my life by then.

I know diet is the biggest component. And I do eat pretty good. And will be knuckling down the hardest I ever have at the same time.

But yeah, should I lower or keep the dose at levels prescribed, and what should I look for for first blast?

Hey mate where are you getting legitimate prescribed trt and what type of testosterone?

I highly recommend being on a trt dose which illicit the greatest sense of well being....only trial and error will tell. Personally I am on 250mg a week and have been for the past 5 years. Did start on 250mg every second week.

Don't look at blasting until your below 20% it just puts too much stress on your health. Being on your doctors prescribed dose and having nutrition and exercise program on point will get you to where you need to be with the AAS at your current stats.

If you need any advice with your food feel free to message me.

Comment

Originally posted by hrvtska View Post
      Hey mate where are you getting legitimate prescribed trt and what type of testosterone?

I highly recommend being on a trt dose which illicit the greatest sense of well being....only trial and error will tell. Personally I am on 250mg a week and have been for the past 5 years. Did start on 250mg every second week.

Don't look at blasting until your below 20% it just puts too much stress on your health. Being on your doctors prescribed dose and having nutrition and exercise program on point will get you to where you need to be with the AAS at your current stats.

If you need any advice with your food feel free to message me.
      Nicely summed up here.

1. Let us know what dosage your doctor prescribes you and I can chime in.
      2. May I ask your current test level? (Give us the reference range and I mean before jumping on trt for clarity )

3. TRT is tricky, without bitching about the Australian system with regards to the attitude towards it... If you know you need trt / properly diagnosed with regards to be putting on it, please ensure you get your doctor to freeze some of your swimmers (sperm) before jumping on... Its a good safe guard to have.

4. Its hard to put a number with TRT... You want to feel good is the main goal, meaning some people will require a higher dosage, some people will require a low dose and some will require an 'average' dose. Being a bodybuilder or powerlifter, we always want that test level high and a lot of people prefer to get in the higher end of the range (mentality towards it). What im trying to say is don't go by numbers. go by how you feel.

5. Remember with higher bf% you will require AI's to keep your E2 in check (more fat, more aromatase enzymes to convert test to E2)... The higher the E2 / conversion of test to E2 the more AI you are going to take. Personally I hate taking an AI because they make me feel like shit and a lot of people can relate.

What I suggest with regards to your goals and timeline, is to aim to get to that higher end of the 'normal' range with regards to your test level but try and avoid taking an AI (don't be afraid to sacrifice a little of your test level to avoid taking an AI). Fix your diet up and get your exercise right and you will drop bf% quickly from where you currently are.

Timeline could be something like this:

May-July/August: TRT dosage - fat/weight-loss as a priority, review maybe late June/Mid July to see if we can change dosage or add a compound.

I'd imagine that you have a good base to work with so you should have a decent amount of muscle under that fat, so prioritise that fat loss.

I had a million thoughts at once so I hope this makes some sense... ask as many questions as ya like cause I can be confusing at times!

Comment

Originally posted by God View Post

Nicely summed up here.

1. Let us know what dosage your doctor prescribes you and I can chime in.
        2. May I ask your current test level? (Give us the reference range and I mean before jumping on trt for clarity )

3. TRT is tricky, without bitching about the Australian system with regards to the attitude towards it... If you know you need trt / properly diagnosed with regards to be putting on it, please ensure you get your doctor to freeze some of your swimmers (sperm) before jumping on... Its a good safe guard to have.

4. Its hard to put a number with TRT... You want to feel good is the main goal, meaning some people will require a higher dosage, some people will require a low dose and some will require an 'average' dose. Being a bodybuilder or powerlifter, we always want that test level high and a lot of people prefer to get in the higher end of the range (mentality towards it). What im trying to say is don't go by numbers. go by how you feel.

5. Remember with higher bf% you will require AI's to keep your E2 in check (more fat, more aromatase enzymes to convert test to E2)... The higher the E2 / conversion of test to E2 the more AI you are going to take. Personally I hate taking an AI because they make me feel like shit and a lot of people can relate.

What I suggest with regards to your goals and timeline, is to aim to get to that higher end of the 'normal' range with regards to your test level but try and avoid taking an AI (don't be afraid to sacrifice a little of your test level to avoid taking an AI). Fix your diet up and get your exercise right and you will drop bf% quickly from where you currently are.

Timeline could be something like this:

May-July/August: TRT dosage - fat/weight-loss as a priority, review maybe late June/Mid July to see if we can change dosage or add a compound.

I'd imagine that you have a good base to work with so you should have a decent amount of muscle under that fat, so prioritise that fat loss.

I had a million thoughts at once so I hope this makes some sense... ask as many questions as ya like cause I can be confusing at times!
        From what I know the clinic I've gone to (sport and anti aging) tends to go to thev250mg a week route.

The last test level I had done nearly 10 months ago was 9nmol, previous to that after a lay off for ivf as I have low count and motility, I returned a 12nmol. And in my mid 20s I returned a 7.8 and a 8.2.

I'll update you with the bloods I had done for the clinic, when I get the results next week.

I'll upload my bloods for you.

I won't need to put swimmers on ice, I have my son, and 2 fertalised eggs on ice, my wife and I don't want to go through any more collections, and if we ever split, I sont want more kids so no iced swimmers needed.

What you both have suggested is fairly much where my head is at. In the end trt is for life, I want to know where my base is, but a little bit of me wants to get back to where I used to be quick, even though of know slow and steady wins the race.

I'm going to give the first month a go diet wise on my own, to see the difference, and after that I'll most probably take you up on the offer hrtvska.

Sorry if any words are mangled, currently driving a phone with mangled screen.....

Comment

Here are my 10 or so month old bloods
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Funsized View Post

From what I know the clinic I've gone to (sport and anti aging) tends to go to thev250mg a week route.

The last test level I had done nearly 10 months ago was 9nmol, previous to that after a lay off for ivf as I have low count and motility, I returned a 12nmol. And in my mid 20s I returned a 7.8 and a 8.2.

I'll update you with the bloods I had done for the clinic, when I get the results next week.

I'll upload my bloods for you.

I won't need to put swimmers on ice, I have my son, and 2 fertalised eggs on ice, my wife and I don't want to go through any more collections, and if we ever split, I sont want more kids so no iced swimmers needed.

What you both have suggested is fairly much where my head is at. In the end trt is for life, I want to know where my base is, but a little bit of me wants to get back to where I used to be quick, even though of know slow and steady wins the race.

I'm going to give the first month a go diet wise on my own, to see the difference, and after that I'll most probably take you up on the offer hrtvska.

Sorry if any words are mangled, currently driving a phone with mangled screen.....
            All good mate,

Bloods are defo an indication for trt especially the ones from your 20's.

Everything seems in motion and set, go for the lower dose of test first before going higher.

Also jump on some fish oil (6g/day) if you arent already on some.

Comment

I take 12g has done wonders for me knees. You guys would be supprised how fast I can Sprint for a 150kg dude!

Comment

If they do put you on 250mg it will work wonders brother! Later on down the road you could chuck some oral or another compound in, best stay on the doctors dose and follow the instructions till you settle into it

Sent from my ZTE Blade A462 using Tapatalk

Comment

I am very curious, at how much it will change me.

Others I have spoken to have said it was a night and day change.

although fairly naturally strong, I had a tough time being able to use percentage programs, and even linear felt like I couldn't recover from once I got to decently heavy weights (190 for 8 sets of 3) that was at my peak, aboit 4 years ago my performance dropped sharply. I thought it was cause of injury, it was from my back stiffening up due to indirect deadlift form, once I directed it, it has been a tough slog to get back to where I was(I'm not yet)

Comment

Your sense of well being confidence outlook on life recovery endurance will all improve and you wake up feeling refreshed and ready to tackle any task at hand brother

Sent from my ZTE Blade A462 using Tapatalk

Comment

Funsized damn mate, ur chol is soooo good! im jealous!!

Comment

Originally posted by mooeymini View Post
                        Funsized damn mate, ur chol is soooo good! im jealous!!
                        I'm not on yet, so it should be shouldn't it haha? I guess that's good then for a big bloke carrying some decent fat then.

Thanks all for the replys, I'm looking forward to finally feeling right!

Comment

If u blast it chol fucks up lol like me mate

all the best

Comment

I'll be doing my best to keep a close eye on all that

Comment

How long do some of you fellas spend on a blast. I've always read time on = time off(or on cruise dose) but I've also read a few guys blasting for 12 months or more.

would that not hit you really hard, is that why they swap out compounds more often? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but as I have no first hand experience yet, and I've read some into on blast and cruise, but nothing that answered the questions I have. I'd love to know e erything I can possibly know about it. Especially any ones personal experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X