Mexican food.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mexican food.

I use a big slow cooker and put chicken breast, Pork roast or chuck steak (depending kn if I'm cutting, gaining cal needs etc. Put a good amount of cummin powder, oragano, slat, pepper, lots of Garlic, capsicum, onion(macros permittimg) and fresh jalapenos if you like. slow cook till you can shred it up. I then put shredded meat into containers ziplocks etc and freeze or refrigerate what I'm not going to eat that week. Heat wholegrain or white tortillas up in a dry pan or in the microwave between damp papper towls for a few seconds but the best way is over a gas burner to get a few little black spots on it. (i use half half white and wholegrain/wholemeal post w.o. any other time I just use wholegrain.) put rice, black beans, guacamole, lettuce, tomatoe, greek youghurt (substitutes for sour cream) etc.. on it again depending needs and chow down. So a post workout wrap when cutting would have slow cooker shreaded chicken breast a wholemeal tortilla, tomatoe, spinich, fresh coriander, and a squirt of lime. When bulking would usualy be 2 white and one whole meal beef burritos with black beans and hotsauce post workout. any other time of day when gainkng It would be something like two beef on wholemeal with spinich, guacamole, greek yoghurt, squirt of lime. All depending on needs. Just kinda how I do things, not having fat after training and a mix of low gi hi gi etc... but the burritos rock if they fit your diet.
    On a good, fuck it, cheat day I put some of the pre-made meat into a white tortilla with a bit of refried beans and a shit ton of cheese then deep fry it and put guac, salsa and sourcream on top. CHIMICHANGA! For a starter I fry up some fresh corn chips. (buy the corn tortillas from the shop, cut like a pizza and fry till golden, sprinkle with salt and dip into guacamole or pico.
    Guacamole= avacados,lime juice, a little salt (i like to use pink hymelain and get some minerals onboard of not cutting sodium) chopped coriander and jalapeno if you like. Real guac is green no tomatoes sourcream etc. much easier to measure macros thatway too.
    Pico de gallo, choppes Tomatoes, coriander, little red onion, lime juice and salt.
    Have to work out all the amounts sry lads I havn't meassured anything in the kitchen for over a decade. All heaps easy though!
    If anyone tries it let me know. You can use the meats for tacos, nachos, taco salad etc...
    Bodhi- "If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love."

All over that.. get stewing steak on occasion for $6kg.
    usually go a beef strog.. that salsa should replace the chilli sauce nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by TORCH View Post
      All over that.. get stewing steak on occasion for $6kg.
      usually go a beef strog.. that salsa should replace the chilli sauce nicely.
      I didn't even think about beef stoginov man that'd be wicked. If im having a hard time getting rnough calories in, I like doing up a pork shoulder a nd mixing shredded pork with sweet baby rays bbq sauce for puller pork rolls. Damn! Gotta eat again now, just got hungry as fuck.
      Bodhi- "If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love."

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhi1042 View Post

I didn't even think about beef stoginov man that'd be wicked. If im having a hard time getting rnough calories in, I like doing up a pork shoulder a nd mixing shredded pork with sweet baby rays bbq sauce for puller pork rolls. Damn! Gotta eat again now, just got hungry as fuck.
        Oh damn
        .my blend just got shit..
        the strog rocks....probably go great with shredded pork shoulder. It's really just mushrooms, parsley, tad of sour cream and herbs and spices.. been known to hit a packet mix on occasion..

Comment

Working...
        X