Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why am I getting fat?

Hi all

I recently started increasing calories after almost 18months of being in a deficit and still failing to get shredded.

I decided I needed to add some size as during the cut, It was obvious that I just didn’t have the mass to support the look I wanted.

I began working with a coach a couple months back and since then we’ve raised cals from 1500cal (disgrace, I know) and am now up at 2850. The increase has been over about 6 weeks so not all at once.

Im finding that I’m gaining fat though - I defiantly feel very soft and pudgy. 2850cals for a 28 year old, 5’11 I would assume isn’t massive but I’m gaining fat which is frustrating. I track everything precisely and am only having free meals 1-2 x per month.

i just started my test/deca cycle and plan to run it for 20+ weeks. What can I do to stop (or even reverse) some of this fat loss? I really want to grow as much as possible this year but being a blob during the process isn’t ok with me.

Help!

Post up your diet

hrvtska may be able to offer advice

Comment

Sure thing -

Currently running 2800ish calories - 326g protein, 255g carbs and 55g fat.

(I suffer from a lot of gut issues so I respond to moderate carbs - once I got over 300g I’m a bloated mess more so than normal regardless of the carb source).

MEAL 1
      250g lean beef mince (with lettuce wraps)

MEAL 2
      180g tuna in oil
      360g tin of organic lentils
      veggies (cucumber etc)

MEAL 3
      500g chicken breast (raw)
      100g jasmine rice (raw)
      250g spinach
      15ml olive oil

MEAL 4 (post workout)
      90g pea protein in water
      150g gluten free cocoa bombs

Eating in general upsets my stomach no matter what the food is so 4 meals is usually all I’ll do - I couldn’t be eating all day long as it’s just too uncomfortable.

thanks !

Comment

What's ur coach saying??

even sub 3000 cals sounds like bugger all depending on ur mass - what is ur mass and BF % ??

when i sarted my first cut with hrvtska we dropped from 6000 cals to cals 45000 and i initially recomped like crazy ... but that was at 6'2" and 125kg

Comment

Originally posted by Supastar90 View Post
          Sure thing -

Currently running 2800ish calories - 326g protein, 255g carbs and 55g fat.

(I suffer from a lot of gut issues so I respond to moderate carbs - once I got over 300g I’m a bloated mess more so than normal regardless of the carb source).

MEAL 1
          250g lean beef mince (with lettuce wraps)

MEAL 2
          180g tuna in oil
          360g tin of organic lentils
          veggies (cucumber etc)

MEAL 3
          500g chicken breast (raw)
          100g jasmine rice (raw)
          250g spinach
          15ml olive oil

MEAL 4 (post workout)
          90g pea protein in water
          150g gluten free cocoa bombs

Eating in general upsets my stomach no matter what the food is so 4 meals is usually all I’ll do - I couldn’t be eating all day long as it’s just too uncomfortable.

thanks !
          what's ur pre and post workout nutrition ?

Comment

Originally posted by RobbyVIP View Post

what's ur pre and post workout nutrition ?
            Preworkout is the chicken/rice and post is the protein shake/cereal. Breakfast is zero carb and lunch is only about 30g carbs so most of my intake is around training.

Last weigh in was 87.5kg at 12% BF (skin folds)

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Supastar90 View Post
              Hi all

I recently started increasing calories after almost 18months of being in a deficit and still failing to get shredded.

I decided I needed to add some size as during the cut, It was obvious that I just didn’t have the mass to support the look I wanted.

I began working with a coach a couple months back and since then we’ve raised cals from 1500cal (disgrace, I know) and am now up at 2850. The increase has been over about 6 weeks so not all at once.

Im finding that I’m gaining fat though - I defiantly feel very soft and pudgy. 2850cals for a 28 year old, 5’11 I would assume isn’t massive but I’m gaining fat which is frustrating. I track everything precisely and am only having free meals 1-2 x per month.

i just started my test/deca cycle and plan to run it for 20+ weeks. What can I do to stop (or even reverse) some of this fat loss? I really want to grow as much as possible this year but being a blob during the process isn’t ok with me.

Help!
              Spending 18 months in a calorie deficit you have most likely created metabolic damage by dropping your calories to 1500 per day and slowing your metabolism down indefinitely. There are a lot of variables here that need discussing... But I will talk about the ones that need the most attention.

When an individual is in a situation such as yourself the first point of call is too get the body back into a state of homeostasis and how you do this is too have your dietary fat intake match your current bodyweight, As I can see it's still not even close. Secondly your protein intake is way too high. This will cause an unnecessary strain to the digestive track and as you have described "eating generally upsets my stomach" Each meal on your template has twice the amount of protein required to facilitate an anabolic affect. My main concern here is your coach should know the few fundamental points I have briefly gone into detail for you here.... and he/she has failed too address your health as the number one priority. Or perhaps they don't have the level of knowledge required

In order to grow mate you need to get all aspects of the digestive tract firing on all cylinders. You should be hungry coming into your meals, You should have adequate levels of dietary fat which will help you sleep, provide you energy and further balance other hormones in the body
              Last edited by hrvtska; 07-05-2019, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Reading that feels like im.back at school

Supastar90 drop ur current coach ... this kunt here knows what's what

Comment

Supastar90 Just too add body recomp can be achieved with a very well put together meal plan. Understanding the energy systems of the body in great detail. Streetsharks Dunstone both have logs on here and are doing just that

Comment

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    Last edited by RobbyVIP; 07-05-2019, 01:56 PM.

Comment

That’s the thing hrvtska - I see guys on gear get big and lean at the same time yet I just get fat!

The coach im using is fairly well known and has their own establishment in Melbourne - not an Instagram flop by any means... I only started with them recently but yeah I’m just getting really upset with how I look.

i was a very overweight kid and even at almost 30, haven’t been able to fill out and tighten up to look somewhat normal. I just have all this saggy flabby crap hanging off me which only gets worse as I put on weight(fat). I need seriously help.

Comment

Supastar90 Your not uptaking and distributing your macro and micronutrients effectively. It has nothing to do with if you are natural or not it simply comes down to the way the nutritional plan is set up and your hormones. I'm sorry but just because your coach is well known doesn't mean he/she knows what there doing. If they have given you those macronutrients they don't know what their doing mate. You need to look at finding a new coach who has a greater understanding of the physiology of the body.

Comment

Maybe it's ur body type too

Comment

hrvtska Is u man mate don’t waste your time with anyone else

Comment

are you sure you're not confusing water gain and fat gain?

you are running test and deca after all... cant expect to grow dry and lean

Comment

Working...
                              X