Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood interpretation

Hi all

5 weeks on cycle and have had full bloods done - was wanting some input. These were done by my GP so hormones weren’t done but I’ll do them privately myself in a couple weeks.

Mildly elevated CRP and ESR has me worried but the doctor isn’t concerned at all. I’ve retested the CRP today (for my own peace of mind - the doctor left it up to me to decide if I wanted to do it) and let’s see if it’s come down.

I dont recall being sick or having a cold when the blood was drawn so am lost as to what could be causing it.

Any input would be great !

Comment

Comment

Everything is fine mate.

> Jump on some iron tablets or up your red meat intake to see if they fix your FBC markers

> CRP is very sensitive - I think I crashed my E2 once and it was in the 70's, 2 weeks later it returned to normal.

> CRP and ESR retest in a month or so's time when you are feeling super health and not around pinning time. (smallest things (pin, scratch, over training etc) that sets off an inflammatory reactions will cause this to jump outside the reference range).

Comment

Originally posted by God View Post
          Everything is fine mate.

> Jump on some iron tablets or up your red meat intake to see if they fix your FBC markers

> CRP is very sensitive - I think I crashed my E2 once and it was in the 70's, 2 weeks later it returned to normal.

> CRP and ESR retest in a month or so's time when you are feeling super health and not around pinning time. (smallest things (pin, scratch, over training etc) that sets off an inflammatory reactions will cause this to jump outside the reference range).
          Thanks mate ! I have thalassemia which is some of the FBC numbers are off. I get really anxious about my health particularly on cycle which I am in now so it’s good to know!

Comment

I wouldn't be too concerned unless that CRP stays elevated in a month's or so time

Comment

Working...
            X