Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Security

Hey all!

This is just a friendly reminder to keep safe online and play it safe.

I'm no expert in this field but I can give some advice based on things I have learnt over the years as to online surfing and stay somewhat anonymous. I only use android and all advice will be based on this.

1. Disable anything google related on your phone. Delete chrome especially. If you use Samsung disable your Samsung stuff as well.

2. Get a VPN blocker and a TOR browser. A great free one is orfox. It is a tor browser as well as an vpn blocker all in one. Very simple to use and great for inexperienced users. I also use IPvanish along with fire onion browser.

Now expect delays when using these but for the security it is a small price to pay.

3. Wickr everything as most already do. If you want to take it a step further install "Signal". This is a fully encrypted messaging app that will replace your existing txt messaging system. It will automatically encrypt regular text messages if both the reciever and sender have the program.

4. Encrypted email providers. I personally like tutanota.

5. Delete everything. If you don't absolutely need it, delete it.

6. Pay everything in BTC. Take the time to learn how to use it. Once you learn it, it is amazingly easy to use.

These are just a few pointers and would like to here what others have to offer in the way of online security.

At the end of the day the harder it is to track your purchases and communications the harder it is to pin charges.
    Last edited by Mick1984; 31-01-2019, 05:28 PM.

I might add there is btc atm machine just about everywhere now as well.

But good post
    Sphinx Pharma HOG Sponsor
    Wickr ogsphinx

Comment

Good info for all the boys mate thankyou

Comment

Something interesting I saw a while back. Even with a brand new phone, no internet/4g access and airplane mode turned on, as soon as you connect to a wifi or 4g network, the previous locations you visited will be synched. Zero privacy.

Comment

Is duck duck go a good one?

Sent from my ZTE Blade A462 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CannabalCorpseGrinder View Post
            Is duck duck go a good one?

I use DuckDuckGo as my search engine on my home computer and as my internet browser on my phone. Its good in my opinion, everything I've read about them has been positive.

Comment

I've tor and orfox I find it's heaps slow to load websites most of the time, I'm a noob to it still
              Originally posted by YellowBeard View Post

I use DuckDuckGo as my search engine on my home computer and as my internet browser on my phone. Its good in my opinion, everything I've read about them has been positive.

Comment

Related

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/NCQiIR5

Comment

Working...
                X