Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does over-training exist or am I under-eating???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does over-training exist or am I under-eating???

Let’s dispel this myth once and for all.
    Overtraining does exist. It’s a down regulation of the Central Nervous System due to inefficient periodisation of your training regimes.

Strategies to average out the weight of scale before the over stretching phase turns into “overtraining”

-Take a week off every 12-16 weeks. If you prefer to deload do so but the we at Team Hrvtska advise against de loading for the majority and a mental + physical break of 5-7 days will get the body and mind primed and raring to go again.
    -Periodise your workouts so whilst progressive overload is taking place your also not working the smaller muscle groups to much. Example would be for a once a week split. 16 sets on quads, 12 sets on hamstrings. 6 sets on biceps and 6 sets on triceps.
    -5 sessions a week max. 45-60mins
    -Last tip is to mix up your RPE (effort level) performed in each rep and set. You should be walking out of the gym 75% of time with energy still in the tank. Train smart and hard.

this would be for say more a body building regime more so than say power lifting/strongman or same sorta pinciple?

Comment

Originally posted by badman92 View Post
      this would be for say more a body building regime more so than say power lifting/strongman or same sorta pinciple?
      Principles are similar across the 3. Just slight variations mate

Comment

I relate to this totally ,I under eat and over work I find it so hard to find a balance

Sent from my ZTE Blade A462 using Tapatalk

Comment

Definitely does exist as hrvtska stated only time ive ever overtrained resulting in little to no gains ,got sick,feeling rundown,an couldnt lift the same weight as previously , was when i was working in a hard pysical job , long hrs an trying to train my usual 6-7 days a week, had to drop it back too 3 days a week( which i consider a maintenance regime, most proffessional boxers train twice a day ,gymnasts an power lifters will also train 2-3 times a day , but as professional athletes thats all they have to do train ,rest ,eat, so body can recover no problems , but when im working fulltime doing hard pysical work i always drop it back to a few sessions a week,my body just cant recover otherwise .

Comment

Originally posted by hrvtska View Post
            Let’s dispel this myth once and for all.
            Overtraining does exist. It’s a down regulation of the Central Nervous System due to inefficient periodisation of your training regimes.

Strategies to average out the weight of scale before the over stretching phase turns into “overtraining”

-Take a week off every 12-16 weeks. If you prefer to deload do so but the we at Team Hrvtska advise against de loading for the majority and a mental + physical break of 5-7 days will get the body and mind primed and raring to go again.
            -Periodise your workouts so whilst progressive overload is taking place your also not working the smaller muscle groups to much. Example would be for a once a week split. 16 sets on quads, 12 sets on hamstrings. 6 sets on biceps and 6 sets on triceps.
            -5 sessions a week max. 45-60mins
            -Last tip is to mix up your RPE (effort level) performed in each rep and set. You should be walking out of the gym 75% of time with energy still in the tank. Train smart and hard.
            Great, great advice. No one much talks about CNS recovery. Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X