Bringing up the hammies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bringing up the hammies

Alright guys, hamstrings are lagging. any tips and tricks? i find it hard to feel the muscle if you know what i mean.

and does anyone successfully do the glute ham raise? hardest shit ever.

I alternate between Stiff leg deadlifts & Romanian every 6 weeks or so. Should feel your hammies stretching every rep if you're doing them right.

Comment

I hit lying leg curls for the hamstrings , just do drop sets , an plenty of them , untill failure ,focus on the muscle your working an get full range of motion .

Comment

Originally posted by Gymshark View Post
        I hit lying leg curls for the hamstrings , just do drop sets , an plenty of them , untill failure ,focus on the muscle your working an get full range of motion .
        yeah curls are the only time i feel them.

dont really feel during deads, leg press or lunges.

Comment

pin a vial of synthol in each that will bring em up hahaha, id do pyramid sets of lying hammy curls twice a week

Comment

If you don't feel the muscle a good tip is to raise the toes during the movement.
            For example during RDLs put 5kg plates under your toes.
            During lying leg curl raise your toes to the ceiling during repetitions for a bigger contraction.

Slow down the eccentric phase of the movement and add the above tips/cues and you'll feel them burning mate.

Comment

Originally posted by hrvtska View Post
              If you don't feel the muscle a good tip is to raise the toes during the movement.
              For example during RDLs put 5kg plates under your toes.
              During lying leg curl raise your toes to the ceiling during repetitions for a bigger contraction.

Slow down the eccentric phase of the movement and add the above tips/cues and you'll feel them burning mate.
              i already do the toes thing.

i think ill cut the weight by half, increase reps, and slow it down like you said.

Comment

Originally posted by ernie View Post

i already do the toes thing.

i think ill cut the weight by half, increase reps, and slow it down like you said.
                Try for at least 3 seconds on the eccentric and even some pause reps at the bottom.

Comment

Glute ham raises are king........yes very hard but focus on the negative and keep tension on while helping urself up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigo84 View Post
                    Glute ham raises are king........yes very hard but focus on the negative and keep tension on while helping urself up.
                    yeah, would love to do them. but i cant haha

at my gym, i have yet to see any bodybuilder type of guy do it to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by ernie View Post
                      Alright guys, hamstrings are lagging. any tips and tricks? i find it hard to feel the muscle if you know what i mean.

and does anyone successfully do the glute ham raise? hardest shit ever.
                      There's a post on 1,000 rep leg day somewhere around here, used to help me when I platoued.
                      Bodhi- "If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love."

Comment

Bodhi1042 where you been brother , dont tell me you retired from serious lifting ,an joined that team in the gym just doing barbell hip thrust an finishing off the session with 2 sets on the pec deck,if you have i hope your wearing a bullet proof vest hahaha, i havnt forgot the pact man, haha, hope things are well brother .

Comment

Bodhi1042 where you been brother , dont tell me you retired from serious lifting ,an joined that team in the gym just doing barbell hip thrust an finishing off the session with 2 sets on the pec deck,if you have i hope your wearing a bullet proof vest hahaha, i havnt forgot the pact man, haha, hope things are well brother .
                          Hahaha. I almost forgot about that.I Started crossfitting. Lol nah you know I'm bullshitting. I've been in hospital with some pretty serious shit. Looks like I'm close to out of the woods now though bro. Been bedridden and shit. Wasted away. I'm small as fuck now. Planning my comeback now though.
                          how you been bro?
                          Bodhi- "If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love."

Comment

Bodhi1042 Fuck thats not good to hear you been in hospital but Good to hear your on the comeback brother, youll be back in no time 100% ,, dont worry bout being/ feeling small that shit just drives you back up , youll be suprised just how fast you will bounce back , your muscles no exactly what to do strength an muscle mass will come back fast dont have to worry bout that, an everything goods mate training like a machine just finished 16 week test / deca / dbol kicker, switched to short esters now running test prop ,tren a, still occasionally drop 20mg blue hearts pre workout great cycle il run anouther 4 weeks then i better come off otherwize it will turn into one of those... "what do you mean its cristmas already" cycles haha ,loving my training ,suns shining over here in the west even in winter ,everything else been running smooth brother, good to see you back on hog, not much has changed all the boys still mad as a cut snake haha

Comment

Bodhi1042 Fuck thats not good to hear you been in hospital but Good to hear your on the comeback brother, youll be back in no time 100% ,, dont worry bout being/ feeling small that shit just drives you back up , youll be suprised just how fast you will bounce back , your muscles no exactly what to do strength an muscle mass will come back fast dont have to worry bout that, an everything goods mate training like a machine just finished 16 week test / deca / dbol kicker, switched to short esters now running test prop ,tren a, still occasionally drop 20mg blue hearts pre workout great cycle il run anouther 4 weeks then i better come off otherwize it will turn into one of those... "what do you mean its cristmas already" cycles haha ,loving my training ,suns shining over here in the west even in winter ,everything else been running smooth brother, good to see you back on hog, not much has changed all the boys still mad as a cut snake haha
                              Haha, good shit man. Good to be getting back to it.
                              Stay strong brother

Comment

Working...
                              X