Competition Day Tips For Maximal Power Output

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Competition Day Tips For Maximal Power Output

This is article is designed to help the powerlifting part of the community. The protocol I will outline is relevant to both males and females.

So you have prepared "x" amount of weeks...injury free and pumped for show day. You and your coach (if you have one) have carefully periodised your training so that you're ready to produce your new 1RMs and break some records on the day.

So now that you have ticked all the boxes of preparation what more can you do too give you that extra 5-10kg on the bar?!?!

This is a protocol I have worked on to give that extra edge. Myself and nicpowerlifter gave this a run show day and she killed it breaking an Australian squat record and she is now pushing for the world record in coming months.

Show day protocol - 45 mins before show time

-Caffeine Androgynous in mg at 4 times bodyweight in kg. If caffeine tolerance is high you can go up to 6 times bodyweight safely.
    -Dmaa 50-75mg
    -Beta Alanine 2-5g
    -Citrulline Malate 10g

-Test Base *Females 30-40mg*
    -Test Base *Males 75-100mg* If more experienced can go up to 200mg
    Last edited by hrvtska; 21-04-2019, 11:27 AM.

hrvtska Definitely recommend this protocol! Pin the test base just before you start warming up for squats and it should take effect at the perfect time. Do a trial run of the protocol a few weeks out from your comp so you know what to expect on comp day!

Comment

Aside from remaining hydrated and avoiding cramps, is there any benefit to sodium or electrolyte supplementation in the short term of meet day?

Comment

Nice article by the way...

I hadnt considered those supplements before aside from caffein and base, some new things to try

Comment

Originally posted by lanky View Post
          Aside from remaining hydrated and avoiding cramps, is there any benefit to sodium or electrolyte supplementation in the short term of meet day?
          No benefit on the day mate. Aim for 4-5 grams of sodium spread out evenly throughout the day.

Comment

Looks the goods...but to clarify it's caffeine in mg per kg of body weight right? Probably just threw a spanner in the works of evolution right there but hey

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Comment

I prefer tren base and halo. But also like this protocol although test base dose is low for me even at 200mg. The one I have used in the past is extremely aggressive. Allot of orals and allot of fast acting. I won’t hijack this thread with my doses plus I don’t want anyone using it as the potential to do more harm then good is quite apparent.
              Last edited by Syrax; 21-04-2019, 12:07 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Rockdawgz Yes that correct.. Caffeine in mg otherwise fatalities would occur. Thanks for the heads up lol
                Last edited by hrvtska; 21-04-2019, 11:53 AM.

Comment

how would test base go on a long day doin my sport highland games? ill be doing halo i think next comp but intrested to know more on base, last comp i felt too bloated from high test n deca which hinderd my flexabilty abit but i didnt have the prep i wanted

Comment

Originally posted by badman92 View Post
                    how would test base go on a long day doin my sport highland games? ill be doing halo i think next comp but intrested to know more on base, last comp i felt too bloated from high test n deca which hinderd my flexabilty abit but i didnt have the prep i wanted
                    I find the effects of test base last around 3-4 hours.

Potentially bring an extra ML loaded in a syringe for your lunch break

Comment

Originally posted by DEEZNUTS View Post

I find the effects of test base last around 3-4 hours.

Potentially bring an extra ML loaded in a syringe for your lunch break
                      thanks, mmm sounds tasty!

Comment

Working...
                      X